The main objectives of the department:
Conducting scientific research in the field of fundamental problems of information technologies and cognitive processes and of the formation and development of the information society, research of the global problems of digital transformation, determining of the desired future image, developing a strategy for its achieving in accordance with the goals and priority areas for the development of the Republic of Belarus.
- conducting fundamental and applied scientific research in the scientific areas assigned to the Department;
- identification of new ways of conducting fundamental and applied research and development in priority areas;
- development of recommendations on the use of the results of scientific research of the Department in practice, support in their application by interested government authorities and business entities;
- participation in the development and conduct of scientific expertise of scientific and practical programs and projects, as well as draft regulatory legal acts on the profile of the Department;
- studying and summarizing the achievements of world science and practice in the field of philosophical and methodological research and promoting their practical use;
- training of highly qualified scientific personnel through postgraduate and doctoral studies;
- assistance in the development of bilateral and multilateral relations on interaction with foreign countries on joint research and advanced training of the Department’s employees.
Head of the Department: PhD, Associate Professor Andrei Kalesnikau
Address: Republic of Belarus, Minsk, Surganov str., 1 building 2, rooms 802, 806.